It’s Time for a Walk in the Garden!
The neighborhood garden walk is coming up on June 7th from 11-4. Lets get together and admire some of the wonderful gardens that have sprung up ( sounds so easy, but it’s hard work) just down the street from you.
This year we have 13 gardens. Here they are:
Addresses for 2015 Garden Walk
- Mary Molinari 3346 NE 72nd Ave
- John & rebecca Harrison 2949 NE 70th Ave.
- Sherrie Barger & Mindy Coolidge 2853 NE 70th Ave.
- Anya Pickard & Brian Wilson 2709 NE 70th Ave.
- Abbie and Del Lewis 7206 NE Sacramento St.
- Peggy & Dan Evans 7226 NE Sacramento St.
- Mary Denoyer 7227 NE Sacramento St.
- Genevieve & Sean Sweeney 7652 Stanton St. (77th corner)
- Christine Caruso 3255 NE 75th Ave.
- Lori & David Lochelt 3404 NE 76th Ave
- Anna and Bill Herbert 7611 NE Mason
- Caitlin & Seth Shelman 4034 NE 71st Ave (Mason corner)
- Heidi Schultz & Matt Bellingham 4211 NE 63rd Ave. (between Mason and Skidmore)
Hello to Spring and that means the hugely popular Roseway Clean Up time once again! This year’s date is Saturday, May 30th, at Glenhaven Park (NE Siskiyou St and 82nd Ave) from 9am to 3pm. This community event is a great opportunity to clean out your house, yard and garage while supporting your neighborhood at the same time. We will accept METAL, PLASTIC, YARD DEBRIS, WOOD WASTE, ELECTRONICS, BULKY WASTE and TIRES. Continue reading It’s Time for Roseway’s Annual Clean-up Event!
Last night’s General Meeting of the Roseway Neighborhood Association included a visit from Chase Ballew, a graduate student from the Master of Urban and Regional Planning of Portland State University. His presentation about curbside recycling was followed with a lively question and answer time regarding Portland’s program.
Here’s a link to some of the material he presented.
Chase reminded those who have been around awhile of how complicated recycling used to be here in Roseway. Join Max Roseway for some humorous reflections on neighborhood rubbish disposal. Ah, those were the days.
The Roseway Neighborhood Association is considering some changes to the by-laws. Your thoughts, suggestions and comments would be appreciated. Here’s the link to the proposed changes that will be considered at the meeting on April 14, 2015.
Central Northeast Neighbors have put out a newsletter for April. Here’s the link!