- Sat, Apr 23, 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Glenhaven Park, NE 82nd Ave and NE Siskiyou St
- Join the Roseway Tree Team for a free tutorial on the art of pruning street trees! We’ll be working in groups of 4-5 people and learn proper pruning techniques from a certified ISA arborist. Special thanks to our friends at Urban Forestry – Portland Parks & Recreation for organizing this event! Saturday, April 23rd, 2016. Reserve your spot today!Young street tree pruning by the Roseway Tree Team and Urban Forestry
• Learn pruning basics from an ISA Certified Arborist
• Prune street trees in groups of 4-5 people with an arborist.
• Have fun, meet fellow tree enthusiasts, and make a difference in your urban forest!Agenda
8:30 am – 9:00 am: Register
9:00 am – 9:45 am: Pruning demonstration
10:00am –noon: Teams head off to assigned sections
Noon – Return to starting location
We will be out rain or shine!!
We recommend long pants and long sleeves, sturdy shoes and a rain/sunhat and bring a backpack, rain gear and water bottle. Instruction, tools, gloves, coffee, water and snacks will be provided.
Contact Patrick Key at Portland Parks & Recreation Urban Forestry
Patrick.Key@portlandoregon.gov or RosewayTreeTeam@gmail.com
Roseway Neighborhood Cleanup
Saturday May 28, 2016
Glenhaven Parking lot 82nd & Siskiyou
What is OK to Bring?
Note changes of acceptable items this year. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Yard debris (green/brown stuff that grows in your yard) and just about everything else except the items listed below. Note the price below for yard debris vehicles! (Amount does not change the price)
Absolutely Do Not Bring!
NO Hazardous waste, gasoline, chemicals, oil, paint, tar, batteries, animal waste or liquids of any kind. NO building, construction, remodeling, demolition or landscape materials, such as but not limited to concrete, asphalt, dirt, sod, brick, cement, sand, gravel or roofing, flooring, walls, siding, ceilings, insulation, electrical, asbestos material and NO under the sink garbage!
DO NOT bring these materials or like materials we will refuse your entire load!
PLEASE NOTE FEE CHANGES
|Yard Debris Fees||Bulky waste Donations|
|Car $ 20.00||Car $ 10.00|
|Small Pick up $25.00||Small Pick up $15.00|
|Full Size $30.00||Full Size $20.00 Trailer $ 30.00+|
|Trailer $ 40.00+||Trailer $ 30.00+|
|*No matter the amount of yard debris this is the fee that you will pay.||Tires $3.00 off rim
$5.00 on rim
Accepting donations of reusable items for the Re-Use-Me sale, all proceeds benefit the Roseway Neighborhood Association community events and projects. Bring your reusable items and take home a treasure at a great price!
Want to volunteer? Sign up by Clicking Here.
Call Ronda at 503-935-4874 please reference the Roseway Cleanup.
Visit us at http://roseway.org
METRO information to dispose of items NOT accepted at this clean-up:
Hazardous waste: Take to Metro Central Station (6161 NW 61st) Tube-style TV’s/monitors: Goodwill (Sandy/64th), Styrofoam: Whole Foods (NE Sandy/44th), Batteries/Light bulbs: Orchard Supply Hardware (NE Halsey/40th), Paint: Parkrose Hardware (NE Sandy/106th)
Using Metro disposal vouchers Roseway Neighborhood Association is held responsible for costs of proper disposal or cleanup of prohibited materials. Our Roseway Cleanup is well managed. Volunteers are trained to ensure prohibited materials are not accepted. Metro’s voucher do not cover hazardous waste; construction, remodeling and demolition debris; commercial landscaping, household garbage and will not be accepted at transfer stations. Contact Metro at:
Call before you haul at 503-234-3000 or email@example.com
Roseway Neighborhood Association
Our Neighborhood Associations are a basic building block of democracy Portland. They are comprised of people who actively work (volunteer) to increase the vibrancy, livability, sustainability and democracy of their neighborhood.
If you have not been to a neighborhood meeting, please come by. They are held the 2nd Tuesday of January, March, May, July, September, October (general Meeting) and November @ 7pm at Grace Lutheran Church, NE 76th & Fremont. You may be surprised by what you learn.
ROSEWAY NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BELONGS TO EVERYONE! YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
EVENTS this year:
- June 12th (11am-4pm) –Garden Walk and Tour
- July 7th Concert in the Park at Glenhaven, Sam Bam Boo (Caribbean grooves & tropical rhythms)
- July 14th Concert in the Park @ Glenhaven, Tony Ozier & the Doo-Doo Funk All-Stars
- July 21st Concert in the Park at Glenhaven, Too Loose Cajun Zydeco Band (Louisiana dance tunes)
- August 2nd National Night Out/Ice cream social, 72ndAve. Park Blocks
Visit us at http://roseway.org
The RNA board will have a regular meeting on Tuesday March 8. A draft of the agenda is available here.
If you have thoughts about the agenda items, you may respond below.
The City of Portland is planning to plant some trees along the park blocks on 72nd Avenue between Beech and Failing. Would you like to help out? Click here and sign up!
A tree planting adventure has been scheduled by the city on March 12th in the 72nd Avenue park blocks between Failing and Beech. Below are the plans for removal and replanting. Some of the trees in the park blocks are at the end of their lifespan and have become dangerous. You may have noticed how easily some have fallen in recent storms. So, as some trees must be removed, others will be taking their place.
Here are the plans at this point: