WHENÂ Saturday, May 15, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHERE Rose City Nazarene Church parking lot, across the street from Safeway at 7016 NE Sandy Blvd.
GET INVOLVED! If you have been looking for a way to get involved in our neighborhood, but donâ€™t have a lot of time to commit, this may be the event for you!
Volunteers needed! Free disposal and lunch! Email Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org
If enough volunteers are available, new Board member Paul Mooring will lead a special assistance pickup for those Roseway neighbors unable to bring their items to the event. For questions about the event, email David at email@example.com.
$8 per car load
$15 per small pickup/SUV load
$20 per full-sized pickup/van/SUV load
$30 per pickup truck plus trailer load
As in years past, CNN (Central Northeast Neighbors), Metro and the Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability have graciously agreed to help fund the 2010 Annual Spring Cleanup.
We will accept:
- Bulky waste (furniture, mattresses, etc.)
- Yard debris and wood waste (if it cannot be recycled curbside)
- Appliances and scrap metal
- Tires ($3 with rims, $2 without rims)
- Reusable household items for our â€œYou Price Itâ€ area (leftovers will be donated)
- Reusable building supplies
We will not accept:
- Hazardous wastes or explosives (including paints, fluorescent light bulbs, batteries) Call (503) 234-3000 for information on disposing these items.
- Rocks, ashes, sod or concrete
- Commercial landscaping or construction debris
- Electronic waste such as TVs, computer monitors, CPUs, VCRs (www.oregonrecycles.org)
Special thanks to our event sponsors and partners:
Metro Regional Government
Portland Office of Sustainable Development
The ReBuilding Center