Friends of Trees is at it again with tree plantings in the Roseway Neighborhood, but this year there is a twist! The tree is free! If you choose to have a tree planted in your planting strip (the area between your sidewalk and street) Friends of Trees is picking up the tab for Roseway. If you’d still like a tree planted in your yard (any area other than the planting strip) you can do that too and will only cost $35 per tree.
You’ll receive an 8 to 12 foot tall tree, delivery, digging, planting assistance, mulch, stakes and follow up maintenance. A $200 value! All free if you choose a planting strip tree or just $35 for yard trees.
- To get a tree you must first sign up by February 27th.
- Go to https://friendsoftrees.org/order-street-and-yard-trees and click on the GET STARTED button.
- Signing up does not obligate you to buy, it only makes it possible for a city forester to inspect your planting strip for an appropriate location. After the inspection, you’ll be send a list of recommended trees to chose from.
- Go to https://friendsoftrees.org/order-street-and-yard-trees and click on the SELECT YOUR TREE button.
- You need to order your tree by March 12th.
Planting day will happen on March 31st.
If you’d like to also volunteer your time on planting day, many people enjoy meeting their neighbors and sharing a potluck lunch afterward. There are several ways to volunteer: be part of the planting crew; donate food to the pot luck; help with setup and clean up; drive your pickup truck to make tree deliveries; or even help with registration.
The planting day meeting place is the Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church at 4927 NE 55th Ave.
If you have questions or would like to volunteer, please contact the Roseway Neighborhood Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org