I’ve been busy in the “back room” of roseway.org. As always, I’m hoping things go flawlessly and that you haven’t noticed. That’s the way it’s supposed to be.
Sometimes when I mess around with the gears and sprockets of a website, something goes wrong. If, as you browse around here you notice something isn’t working quite right, please let me know at email@example.com.
Thanks for your help.
Dan (web tinkerer)
Come join the neighborhood and help clean up the Scott School. On August 23rd from 9am to Noon. Coordinated by Chris Adams-Brown and Dawn Joella Jackson. Please bring gloves, rakes, shovels, hoes and wheelbarrows with you.
THIS SATURDAY, JULY 19th from 9am to 4pm
Looking for a great find?Â A precious needle in a haystack?Â Well, itâ€™s almost here! The 2014 Roseway Neighborhood Garage Sale.
29 homes throughout the Roseway Neighborhood are participating this year with loads of great items
For those shopping at our garage sales:
Youâ€™ll find a printable map and address listing for each house as well as a general listing of what each home might be selling. The sale will start at 9am and go until 4pm (or the home owner sells out!)Â Click and print the link below
For those more tech savy, you can click on this link below on your home computer or Google Map enabled device (iPhone, iPad, Android phone or Tablet, etc) It will open a map and listing of each home on your smart device.
View 2014 Roseway Garage Sale in a larger map
The deadline to submit forms for the Roseway Garage Sale ended today.Â Thank you to everyone who submitted your forms!Â Below, you can find printable signage for your sale, but we suggest if you really want to attract buyers, pick up some florescent neon signs and write in big bold letters and post in conspicuous areas like major cross streets.
For our sellers â€“ Here are some tips for a successful, fun and SAFE garage sale
- Clearly mark the price of each item. (Printed stickers from retail stores, like Target, are very effective)
- Price items to sell. Remember buyers are looking for a bargain and you donâ€™t want to have items left at the end of a day.
- Signage is important. Spend a little time making quality signs that are clear and easy to read and Remember to take them down at the end of the dayâ€¦donâ€™t leave them up.
- Organize your merchandise. Use tables, stands or whatever you have to provide shoppers a clear visibility of your items.
- Remember you are inviting the public into your space. Donâ€™t leave money in the open. Itâ€™s also probably best to not allow strangers into the house to use the bathroom. Direct them to the nearest public restroom (Safeway, Albertsons, etc)
- Protect yourself from sun and heat. Stay Hydrated!!
- Never leave your sale unattended.
- Involve your children but keep them protected from the sun and strangers.
ADDRESS MAPS WILL BE AVAILABLE THURSDAY MORNING.Â We are still compiling all the addresses and imputing them into a map format.Â Please check back Thursday morning the 17th.
Good luck and happy garage sales!