Roseway Heights School’s Kindergarten Connect for the parents of incoming kindergarten students is from 6:30 to 8 p.m. tonight, Feb. 20, in the multi-purpose room at the school, 7334 NE Siskiyou St. Child care will not be provided.
Scott Elementary plans multiple events to share information about its 2-year-old Spanish immersion program. The program has seenÂ greatÂ success and active community involvement. We are lucky to live in a uniquely diverseÂ community where a 50/50 split of English and Spanish speakers can be achieved in theÂ classroom — the ideal setup for immersion as children support each other in learning bothÂ languages.
Last year, there were three immersion kindergarten classes and one neighborhood class, with 22 families lotterying into the school.
As a neighborhood family, come claim your child’s spot in the immersion program! Attend a roundup event andÂ meet current parents, administration and staff, askÂ questions and get informed early. Kindergarten is just around the corner!Â Scott’s upcoming Connect to Kindergarten dates:
- Thursday, Feb. 20, Â 5-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 27,Â 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 12, 6-7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 17, 5-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 30, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 15, 5-6 p.m.
- Friday, May 30, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Learn more about what’sÂ happening at Scott:Â http://scottschoolparents.org/
Roseway Heights School announces two upcoming events for community members.
* The K-8 is hosting Kindergarten Connect for the parents of incoming kindergarten students on Thursday, Feb. 20, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room at the school, 7334 NE Siskiyou St. Please join in this opportunity to learn about your neighborhood school. (Child care not provided.)
* Join Roseway Heights for its seventh annual fundraising auction, “Once Upon a Time.” This event has grown to be quite an amazing night, so get ready for the biggest party of the year! Find a sitter, get those costumes ready, and prepare to eat, drink and mingle with new and old friends.
When: 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday, March 1
Where:Â Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral 3131 NE Glisan St.
Price: $30; buy tickets online.
Rose City Parkâ€™s Reading Buddy Program will begin again soon for all Roseway Heights 1st through 8th grade students who could benefit from a friend and coach to help them become a more confident, successful reader. Buddy Program participants are parents, grandparents, university students, and community volunteers wanting to make a difference in the life of a child. Buddies read for half an hour a week with their student or students if they have time to work with more than one. The program can accommodate most schedules, so consider coming to an orientation and becoming a Reading Buddy.
Contact Lindy Delf (503-284-4115) with any questions or to sign up to be a buddy.