It’s Time for a Walk in the Garden!Â
The neighborhood garden walk is coming up on June 7th from 11-4. Lets get together andÂ Â admire some of the wonderful gardens that have sprung up ( sounds so easy, but it’s hard work) just down the street from you.
This year we have 12 gardens. Here they are:
Addresses for 2015 Garden Walk
- Mary Molinari Â 3346 NE 72nd Ave
- Â John & rebecca Harrison Â 2949 NE 70th Ave.
- Sherrie Barger & Mindy Coolidge Â 2853 NE 70th Ave.
- Anya Pickard & Brian Wilson Â 2709 NE 70th Ave.
- Abbie and Del Lewis Â 7206 NE Sacramento St.
- Peggy & Dan Evans Â 7226 NE Sacramento St.
- Mary Denoyer Â 7227 NE Sacramento St.
- Genevieve & Sean Sweeney Â 7652 Stanton St. (77th corner)
- Christine Caruso Â 3255 NE 75th Ave.
- Lori & David Lochelt Â 3404 NE 76th Ave
- Anna and Bill Herbert Â 7611 NE Mason
- Caitlin & Seth Shelman Â 4034 NE 71st Ave (Mason corner)
Portland Parks & Recreationâ€™s Community Gardens Program has vacancies at some of our gardens in NE Portland we are trying to fill this spring. We hope you can help share this opportunity with your neighborhood association network or other folks you think would be interested in growing food this year. I would love to send you some fliers that we have in English and Spanish.
If people are interested, there are a few ways to sign up for a plot:
â€¢Call the office at 503-823-1612 Monday â€“ Friday, 8:00am â€“ 4:30pm to complete a short intake form over the phone. Staff speak English and Spanish.
â€¢Complete an online plot request form: http://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/52116
We have multiple plot sizes available and the cost with a scholarship for people with limited income ranges from $6 â€“ $25 based on the plot size.
Thanks for your help promoting these gardening opportunities in your neighborhood and let me know if you have any questions,