For your information, Roseway resident, Josh Berkus, has begun a moderated Facebook page for neighbors in Roseway and surrounding neighborhoods. As a moderated group, you’ll need to request membership. If you would like to participate in discussions relevant to the neighborhood, Roseway PDX can be found at this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/551955885144987/
Below is the agenda for the November 14th board meeting. The expanded document is available here.
Roseway Neighborhood Association Agenda:
7:05-7:40 Presentations and Q&A on Residential Infill Project (see City update below)
7:40-7:50 Discussion, possible vote on Roseway’s stance on the Residential Infill Project.
7:50-7:55 Treasurer’s Report
7:55-8:05 Votes on:
– Authorizing an additional payment of $2,000 to Portland Parks & Recreation for the 2017 concert at Glenhaven Park
– Authorizing payment of $150 to Catherine Clark for donuts and pizza for volunteers at 10/21 tree-planting
– Whether Roseway supports a proposed project at the Dharma Rain Center (see below)
8:05-8:25 Reports regarding (4 minutes each, unfortunately):
– CNN (Catherine Wilson & Nancy)
– LUTOP, including Sandy Blvd Corridor Study (Margaret, Bob and, if necessary, Britt)
– Crime Prevention (Judith)
– Tree Team (Catherine Clark)
– Housing/Homelessness (Britt)
8:25-8:30 Roseway January meetings
– Schedule January annual planning meeting
– Proposed agenda items for January 2018 public Roseway meeting on Tuesday, 01/09/18
* Vote on whether Roseway supports a proposed beverage tax
* Presentation on the proposed Just Energy Transition ballot measure
* Presentation on Rose Quarter transportation project
How well do you know your neighborhood? Join the Roseway Neighborhood Association for a neighborhood jaunt roughly tracing the perimeter of our beautiful Roseway. The walk starts at 10 AM, Saturday, September 16. The walk begins and ends at NE Skidmore St. in Wellington Park. Walk, jog, cycle or, heck, pogo stick your way around Roseway. Get some exercise and see the sights on an easy tour that takes around 90 minutes at a leisurely pace. Giveaways for participants. Pick up a map at the RNA tent and you’ll be on your way. See you there!
On August 1, 6:30-8:30pm, at the 72nd Ave Park Blocks between Beech and Failing, we will join neighborhoods all across America for the National Night Out. The event includes frozen treats, music, and a community potluck. This event is a way to enjoy the Park Blocks, listen to some tunes, and greet your neighbors. All that & the ice cream’s free (while it lasts), compliments of your Roseway Neighborhood Association.
Come out for friends, food and music by Roseway musicians “Chasing Ebenezer” doing a “busking jam” with family and friends.
Enjoy an evening just hangin’ with the neighbors in the hood.
See y’all there!